Re: [patch] Re: Kernels > 2.6.1-mm3 do not boot. - SOLVED

From: John Stoffel
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 18:22:03 EST

Adrian> On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 03:37:20PM -0500, John Stoffel wrote:

>> More confirmation as I get it.

Adrian> I'd say that's a different issue: The gcc 3.3 in debian
Adrian> unstable doesn't know about -funit-at-a-time, and it should
Adrian> therefore not be affected by this problem.

It certainly didn't seem to make a difference, after doing a make
mrproper and then putting my .config back in place, it still doesn't
boot. I'm not doing anything funky in grub, here's my boot options:

title 2.6.2-rc1-mm3
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.2-rc1-mm3 root=/dev/sda2 ro
savedefault
boot

I point this out since the last Oops I got on boot said something
about kernel_options, but since I didn't write it down, that's not a
good report.

I'll see about falling back to 2.6.1-mm5 and then to 2.6.2-rc1 and
seeing what happens. I could even try going back to 2.6.1 plain as
well.

Any suggestions? Or any other info I can provide here?

John