Re: [RFC/PATCH] IMQ port to 2.6

From: jamal
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 14:25:50 EST

There has been no real good reason as to why IMQ is needed to begin
with. It may be easy to use and has been highly publized (which is
always a dangerous thing in Linux).

Maybe lets take a step back and see how people use it. How and why do
you use IMQ? Is this because you couldnt use the ingress qdisc?
Note, the abstraction to begin with is in the wrong place - it sure is
an easy and nice looking hack. So is the current ingress qdisc, but we
are laying that to rest with TC extensions.

cheers,
jamal