Re: vt6410 in kernel 2.6

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 16:15:07 EST

Mike Gabriel wrote:
hi jeff,

is there any chance of upcoming support for the vt6410 ide/raid chipset
in the 2.6.x kernel? there has been an attempt by via itself, but it
only suits redhat 7.2 kernels and systems, thus it is highly specific.
is there any1 who is working on that?

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_GENERIC or CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_VIA should do it.

oh, i thought these options were for SATA only. what i need is the ide-part of the controller. is this support by these options, as well? i will try as soon as possible. i use a debian-backports kernel which for now always kills the system during kernel-image-boot. as i use the board in one of our servers, i cannot really fiddle around with it to much. thanks for your info.

My apologies. The PATA part is handled by CONFIG_IDE, though drivers/ide/pci/via82cxxx.c may need another PCI id or two. 'lspci -n' will retrieve these ids.

Jeff