2.6.1 + XFS wierdness

From: Igor
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 03:54:05 EST

Ok, as advised I'm reporting what happened to my system:
I run Kernel 2.6.1 with XFS on a laptop, I forgot to send it to "sleep"
and battery died, so there was unclean unmount (This is, what I believe was the cause),
at some point after I restarted my system many of the files couldn't be executed:
"binary file can't be executed reported", However the system was functional and I could boot it.
So I hexopened some of the problematic files and found that although the size of the file is maintained, there was no data, every byte was replaced by 0, I guess it was lucking reference on a hard drive or maybe something else. The reason I think the root of the problem is filesystem + kernel because the "corrupted" files have nothing in common, e.g:
/usr/bin/file
/etc/init.d/cron
/usr/bin/lynx
and that only happened when I updated kernel to 2.6.1
Regards.

If you reply, please cc to ivi@xxxxxxxxxx