Re: ALSA vs. OSS

From: Travis Morgan
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 03:22:16 EST

For what it's worth, I figured out the below problem. I was able to set
XMMS' ALSA output to Wave instead of PCM and can now adjust the volume
as I could with OSS. Also, for gkrellm, the digital out volume is now
PCM2 rather than just PCM.

Now I can adjust my XMMS volume with my Playstation controller again! :)
The USB converter and a USB extension were two of the best purchases
I've made for my system.

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 6666:0667 Prototype product Vendor ID Smart Joy
PSX, PS-PC Smart JoyPad

Linux castle 2.6.2-rc1-mm2 #1 Fri Jan 23 23:37:56 MST 2004 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) XP 2600+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Regards,
Travis M