New IrDA drivers for 2.6.X

From: Jean Tourrilhes
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 21:19:21 EST

Hi Dave,

Martin Diehl has finished converting all the old style dongle
driver to the new API. This was the last major feature parity issue
with 2.4.X, with this work, 2.6.X should support all the IrDA serial
dongles that 2.4.X supports. Martin also did a few other cleanups and
fixed tekram-sir so that it works with real hardware.
All patches depend on the first patch, and the last patch
depend on the previous patches. I tested this on 2.6.2-rc1 with an
actisys dongle, neither Martin or I have hardware to test the other
dongle drivers.
Thanks for pushing that to "you know who" ;-)

Jean

ir262_dongles-1_sir-dev.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<Needed by all subsequent patches>
<Patch from Martin Diehl>
* change dongle api such that raw r/w and modem line helpers are directly
called, not virtual callbacks.

ir262_dongles-2_actisys-sir.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<Patch from Martin Diehl>
* convert to de-virtualized sirdev helpers
* improve error path during speed change

ir262_dongles-3_esi-sir.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<Patch from Martin Diehl>
* convert to de-virtualized sirdev helpers
* add probably missing dongle power-up operation

ir262_dongles-4_tekram-sir-2.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<Patch from Martin Diehl>
* increase default write-delay to 150msec
* convert to de-virtualized sirdev helpers

ir262_dongles-5_litelink-sir-2.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<Patch from Eugene Crosser>
* converted for new api from old driver
<Patch from Martin Diehl>
* convert to de-virtualized sirdev helpers
* set dongle to 9600 in case of invalid speed instead leaving it in
unknown configuration

ir262_dongles-6_act200l-sir.diff :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<Patch from Martin Diehl>