install_latest_kernel for linux-2.6.x

From: Han Boetes
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 16:09:12 EST

Hi,

About:

install_latest_kernel automates the process of fetching, patching,
configuring, building, and installing Linux kernels and updating
bootloaders. It is designed for people that often install the latest
kernel and get a little bit bored by the standard routine. It is not
suitable for newbies and requires a working setup, a kernel
configuration file, and the ability to read scripts and apply patches.

Well that's not entirely true. Just that I don't want people to think
that the script is a substitute for having to know how to compile a
kernel. It's just there to do all the handiwork for you. Just answer a
few menu-driven questions and wait until your harddrive stops rattling.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/install_latest_kernel/

I should update that description. ;)

Anyway, it works for linux-2.6 and later now. I hope some people here
find it useful.

# Han