Equivalent of 2.4's "CONFIG_FILTER" in 2.6?

From: Jonathan Kamens
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 14:16:20 EST

Can someone tell me what equivalent of 2.4's "CONFIG_FILTER" option
(see below for its description from Configure.help) is in 2.6? And if
there's a documentation file somewhere I should have looked to find
this information, can you please tell me where it is?

Thanks,

jik

Socket filtering
CONFIG_FILTER
The Linux Socket Filter is derived from the Berkeley Packet Filter.
If you say Y here, user-space programs can attach a filter to any
socket and thereby tell the kernel that it should allow or disallow
certain types of data to get through the socket. Linux Socket
Filtering works on all socket types except TCP for now. See the
text file <file:Documentation/networking/filter.txt> for more
information.

You need to say Y here if you want to use PPP packet filtering
(see the CONFIG_PPP_FILTER option below).

If unsure, say N.