Re: Userland headers available

From: Mariusz Mazur
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 14:10:55 EST

On Friday 23 of January 2004 19:47, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I've done precisely the same thing for Debian - if I find the time,
> I'll compare...

How much testing did you have?

> I would really like to come up with an approach to maintain this
> interface definition in the kernel source. I'm still trying to think
> of a way to do it without breaking compatibility or kernel builds.

As I really would like that (less work for me :) I do not think this is
possible. First thing - 2.4 compatibility in 2.6 kernel would seem weird to
say at least. Second - I've ripped out kernel code where I could and used
glibc includes instead - this is (a) The Right Thing (tm) and (b) practically
undoable inside kernel or would require huge amounts of work, which is really
better of left outside.

--
Każdy człowiek, który naprawdę żyje, nie ma charakteru, nie może go mieć.
Charakter jest zawsze martwy, otacza cię zgniła struktura przeniesiona z