RE: pci_alloc_consistent()

From: Leonid Grossman
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 09:39:29 EST

Hi Jes,

> Leonid,
>
> What type of Itanium box? It's possible what you're seeing is
> caused by a bug in the IOMMU code, but we would need to know
> which one (HP, SGI or someone else's).

The problem with pci_alloc_consistent()above 1MB happens on HP rx2600
(this is 2U dual-Itanium 900MHz pci-x 133 box). I don't believe it
happens on 64 bit Opterons. Today we are going to test Dell and SGI
Itanium systems, as well as a bit newer rx 2600 with Itanium-2 1.5GHz -
I'll let you know by the end of the day.

Thanks, Leonid