Re: logic error in radeonfb.

From: John Levon
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 06:26:09 EST

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 06:54:10AM +0000, Dave Jones wrote:

> Back then someone came up with a cool one-liner that grepped for
> suspicious if's with !'s, it seems no-one ever did the same for 2.6,
> as there were a few others (see seperate mails for patches).

Actually I did make a one-liner for 2.6, and found rather a lot (15 or
so if I remember correctly). I also went as far as hacking up something
in gcc, but it was too flaky to go in and I haven't got round to fixing
it up yet.

Some of them were right under our noses for ages:

http://linus.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/user=levon/patch@xxxxxxxxxxx?nav=!-|index.html|stats|!+|index.html|ChangeSet|cset@xxxxxxxxxxx

If you like I can see if I can dig up the gcc patch or the one-liner.

regards,
john

--
Khendon's Law:
If the same point is made twice by the same person, the thread is over.