nfs block size

From: Himanshu Ashwani
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 04:10:09 EST

Hi,

I want to run nfs server on linux kernel running
2.4.20-9 and the max block that I can see in the
kernel source is 8k. So I presume the running kernel
will not go beyond that. I want to increase the size.

The question is: by changing the
#define NFSSVC_MAXBLKSIZE (8*1024)
in /usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/nfsd/const.h to 32
K and recompiling the kernel, will I be able to get
32K block size over UDP or is something else required?
I am not trying TCP for the time being.

Can the nfs server side BLK Size be changed on the
fly?

Or is there no need to compile the entire kernel and I
can do by compiling the nfs module separately or the
nfsd for that purpose.
Is there any other way of testing/finding out ( e.g
nfsstat) what the nfs server is using as the block
size.

Also is it necessary that I compile in the TCP support
for NFS to get higher block sizes available.

-Himanshu