Re: Help port swsusp to ppc.

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 02:16:19 EST

> Attached file is current version of port swsusp to ppc, STILL can not
> works, Benjamin, gave me some comments.
>
> I has add one files swsusp2-asm.S. The save/restore processor state base
> on pmac_sleep.S. The copybackup is copy from gcc generate assmeble.
>
> Now the suspend has no problem, resume can not works, strange.

There is at least one reason I think your code cannot work: When
resuming, you are basically blowing up the MMU hash table and kernel
page tables when copying the pages. I'm hacking on an implementation
of pmdisk at the moment that switches the MMU off during the page
copy to avoid that problem. This isn't the best way though.

I'll keep you informed of my progress

Ben.