Re: Strange pauses in 2.6.2-rc1 / AMD64

From: Aaron Mulder
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 15:38:11 EST

This appears to be the issue. If I load hw_random and run rngd,
then the pauses go away. I may have been confused about the keyboard
-- I probably only typed a couple characters, which I guess wasn't
enough input.

Any idea why I wouldn't see this under 2.4? Perhaps something I
missed moving from /etc/modules.conf to /etc/modprobe.conf? I didn't see
anything about random in there, and /dev/hwrandom didn't even exist (I
had to mknod it).

Thanks,
Aaron