Re: Strange pauses in 2.6.2-rc1 / AMD64

From: Aaron Mulder
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 14:38:52 EST

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, disabling Legacy USB Support
didn't stop the pauses for me. It's weird -- if I lay off the mouse, the
CPU goes to 99.7-100% idle, the load goes to 0, and top shows only 1
running task (presumably top itself). Every little while, Java will wake
up and do some more work, then go to sleep again. It seems to happen
during the "jarsigner" phase of the Java build (there are about 20
invocations of that), and it may be launching a new process to sign each
JAR, I'm not sure. This last time, I noticed that Java woke up briefly
when Mozilla hit the top list. It just seems to need some kind of
external stimulus. Keyboard doesn't do it. FYI, I have no USB devices
connected at the moment.

Thanks,
Aaron