Re: PATCH: Export console functions for use by Software Suspend nicedisplay

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 13:37:06 EST

Hi.

I'm not sure that write is what I want. At the very least, it will make
the code harder to read and maintain. Here's a small portion of what I'm
currently doing:

/* Print version */
posn[0] = (unsigned char) (0);
posn[1] = (unsigned char) (video_num_lines);
putconsxy(suspend_console, posn);
cond_console_print(swsusp_version, strlen(swsusp_version));

/* Print header */
posn[0] = (unsigned char) ((video_num_columns - 29) / 2);
posn[1] = (unsigned char) ((video_num_lines / 3) -4);
putconsxy(suspend_console, posn);

The output looks something like this:
-----

S U S P E N D T O D I S K

Writing caches...
[-------- 120/640MB ]

2.0-rc4
-----

Bootsplash is also supported, so there's an even nicer version :>

Regards,

Nigel

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 21:24, viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 09:12:00PM +1300, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Here's a second patch; this exports gotoxy, reset_terminal, hide_cursor,
> > getconsxy and putconsxy for use in Software Suspend's nice display.
>
> Why don't you open /dev/console on rootfs and use write(2)?
> -
My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by
LinuxFund.org.