utf8 or utf-8

From: law
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 13:06:09 EST

I notice in the 2.4 configuration utilities there are places where I

have "utf-8"
for a default code page, but there are other places that use "UTF8". It may
seem an idiotic question, but does the dash ("-") create significance? Should
all references be UTF8 or utf-8?

I notice under the SuSE 9.0 locale files, the dash seems significant and it won't
find the right locale files if you put utf8 in some places.

Thanks,

Please Cc me on copies as I'm currently not on the list (kept getting kicked off
due to transient and occasional mail-bounce problems).

-l