Re: [ACPI] PROBLEM: LCD display dead after ACPI suspend to RAM (S3)

From: David Ford
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 12:36:15 EST

Try hitting the hardware function key that swaps the CRT/LCD and/or the function key that changes the font.

Works on my laptop. Really annoying two-fold issue. First, the screen is blank, second, I have to blindly run setfont to change the garbage font to a readable font.

I'm not running an fb, just an nvidia card in text mode on a Dell Inspiron 8200.

David

Georg C. F. Greve wrote:

|| On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:46:38 +0100
|| Karol Kozimor <sziwan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

kk> Does it work before the suspend (i.e. does the backlight switch
kk> on and off)?

Yes.

kk> If so, your problem is probably a video driver issue and I'm
kk> afraid I can't be of further help.

Where would the people maintaining the video driver have to look?

kk> Also, are you using a framebuffer?

Yes.

kk> If so, try not, i.e. use a simple VGA console -> s3_bios works
kk> fine for me on a VGA console, but produces a blank (though
kk> backlit) screen with radeonfb. Best regards,

Interesting. I'll try that.

May this be a problem of the fb driver then?

Thanks for your input,
Georg