Re: [ACPI] Re: PROBLEM: ACPI freezes 2.6.1 on boot

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 09:10:05 EST

|| On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:08:54 +0100
|| Karol Kozimor <sziwan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> So the problem we've been seeing seems to be related to the
>> interaction between local APIC support and ACPI.

kk> We've definitely had those problems before (with ASUS L3800C),
kk> there's even a patch fixing this issue (attached below) you might
kk> try. I guess that's another of those lost and forgotten bugzilla
kk> bugs :)

Thanks a lot -- this patch fixed the problem for me.

The kernel now found the APIC and initialized ACPI (including
switching to level trigger) with no problems.

Could we please make sure this doesn't get lost again and makes it
into the kernel?

Regards,
Georg

--