2.6.0 CONFIG_NUMA=y leads to random segfaults

From: Brian Ristuccia
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 17:10:19 EST

While building a kernel for a Dual Athlon MP 2800 system, I accidentally
enabled CONFIG_NUMA, "Numa Memory Allocation Support". This option should
have been a no-op on the system I was using it on, since on this motherboard
all system memory is equally close to each of the two CPU's. Instead, it
caused userspace processes to randomly segfault.

Booting a 2.6.0 rebuilt without CONFIG_NUMA made the problem go away.

--
Brian Ristuccia
bristucc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx