RE: [2.6 patch] show "Fusion MPT device support" menu only if BLK_DEV_SD

From: Moore, Eric Dean
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 12:09:57 EST

The "config FUSION" entry in Kconfig is handling both mptbase.ko
and mptscsih.ko for some reason?

The mptbase.ko driver is the lower layer driver which configures
the adapters and is transport layer to and from the chip. It doesn't
depend on anything in the scsi mid layer.

The mptscsih.ko does depend on scsi_mod.ko, but not sd.ko

Therefore - maybe we could have separate entries in Kconfig for
both mptbase and mptscsih. mptbase depend on PCI, and mptscsih
depend on SCSI. What do you think?

Eric Moore
LSI Logic