Re: PROBLEM: ACPI freezes 2.6.1 on boot

From: Martin Loschwitz
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 10:38:15 EST

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 12:12:05PM +0100, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've seen the mail by Martin Loschwitz of January 1st 2004, in which
> he reported:
>
> > I'm writing this mail as I'm discovering ACPI related problems on
> > my Acer TravelMate 800LCi notebook with Linux 2.6.1-rc1-mm1.
>
> > While the system boots up fine with Linux 2.6.1-rc1, with
> > 2.6.1-rc1-mm1 it hangs while booting. The last message printed to
> > screen is "ACPI: IRQ 9 was Edge Triggered, setting to Level
> > Triggerd". This is fully reproducable with a Linux 2.6.0 kernel
> > which has the ACPI20031203 patch applied.
>
> I'm now seeing the _exact same problem_ on an ASUS M2400N [*] with a
> Linux 2.6.1 (unpatched) kernel. The kernel freezes after printing
>
> "ACPI: IRQ 9 was Edge Triggered, setting to Level Triggerd"
>
> (yes, the typo is in the kernel, it seems)
>
> I've seen no reply to his mail. Has the problem been solved or is it
> still a known bug(tm)?
>
> Martin? Were you successful in resolving that problem?

By now means. I, however, didn't even try to get a solution since back
then. Since the bug appeared with a patched 2.6.0 and 2.6.1-mm2, which
was one of the first patches including the new ACPI, it was clear to
me that it was ACPI related and that I would better wait for somebody
to find the root of the evil and to kill it.

I see your "Notebook vs. Linux"-story continues to be unsuccessfull,
though :(

--
.''`. Martin Loschwitz Debian GNU/Linux developer
: :' : madkiss@xxxxxxxxxxx madkiss@xxxxxxxxxx