Re: APM and ACPI sleep issues with 2.6

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 10:03:26 EST

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:47:45 +0000 Ross Burton <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 03:00, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > With 2.6.1-rc1-mm, when I shut the lid with APM enabled nothing
> > > happens. No messages on the console, nothing.
> >
> > Can you try booting with apm=debug and see if you get any messages
> > when you shut the lid.
>
> Sorry for the long delay...

I was actually wondering if there are any messages beginning with "apm:"

> Looks like e100 (network) and intel8x0 (sound) recovered okay. The
> second time I shut the lid, when I opened it the keyboard had locked up.
>
> I've been told that building 2.6.1-mm4, making i8042 and atkdb modules
> and unloading them before sleeping should fix this problem. Is that the
> blessed solution? Unloading the modules for the keyboard controller
> does seem a little too much like brute-force for me, especially since
> 2.4.x managed fine. :)

I am not sure if you need to build i8042 and atkb as modules amy more, I
thought there was a fix applied (in 2.6.1?). However it would be
interesting to the results of removing the modules before suspending.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx