2.6.1: atkbd.c errors + mouse errors with a belkin KVM

From: fire-eyes
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 13:11:37 EST

I'm seeing some strange behavior using kernel 2.6.1 and a Belkin KVM. I have talked to two others who have seen the same problem. This did not happen in 2.6.0 or any 2.4 kernel.

When switching ports using the keyboard, that is hitting scroll lock twice and then the port # I want ( 1 - 16), then coming back the same way, I often get the following error:

kernel: atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a on isa0060/serio0).

I have also seen this same error while switching from X11 to console, but only once. In that one case, I lost mouse control, and keyboard control, and was unable to regain either. I had to reboot to rectify the situation.

I'm not sure if this happens when pushing the buttons on the front of the kvm.

KVM Information:

Belkin Omniview Matrix2 , Model F1DM216T
Maufacturer URL: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=122933

Is there any further information I can submit to help solve this?