Re: hard crash in IPsec

From: Valentijn Sessink
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 09:26:53 EST

Hello James,

At Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 08:36:57AM -0500, James Morris wrote:
> > 2.6.0/IPsec crashes, fully reproducable. Verified with 2.6.1.
> Could you please verify if this still happens with Netfilter and SELinux
> disabled at compile time?

It crashes as well, same "Fatal exception in interrupt" behaviour.

I disabled NETFILTER and recompiled (the config_security option was off in
the original setup already):
# CONFIG_NETFILTER is not set
# CONFIG_SECURITY is not set

Crash! I made a picture (sorry, no serial connection here) but unfortunately
the cable to my camera is at home, so if you need the information, you'll
have to wait. However, I guess the problem is easily reproducable. I posted
my .config file at http://valentijn.sessink.nl/temp/config-2.6.1-yangtse-isdn
(this being the config with netfilter, the one that's normally running).

The other end is running 2.6.1 as well, config is config-2.6.1-router

Please note that the config file that causes the crash is wrong, so a
documentation item that says "the Linux kernel is programmed to commit
suicide on brain dead IPsec configurations" will do ;-)

Best regards,

Valentijn
--
http://www.openoffice.nl/ Open Office - Linux Office Solutions