RE: License question

From: Giuliano Pochini
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 06:26:17 EST

On 17-Jan-2004 David Schwartz wrote:
>> > - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
>> > notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimers.
>
> Sorry, that's an "additional restriction" not permitted under the GPL.

These are in fact the points I wished your opinion about...
Actually these are requirements (like others said), not
use restrictions. btw, IANAL and IP rights are a minefield.
Since their code is C++ I already rewote everything in C, but it
also contains the binary firmwares which I can't rewrite. That's
why I asked you about the license.
It's likely Echoaudio will change the license in the next release
to a dual GPL/custom license, so this will be no more an issue.

Thanks for you answers.

--
Giuliano.