Re: Is this too ugly to merge?

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 04:54:01 EST

Hi!

> I'll take the following approach: I'm pretty sure that I've tried
> suspending userspace before kernel threads before, and still ran into
> possible deadlocks. Nevertheless, I'll set that up and then bang really
> hard on it using Michael's test scripts, and let you know the results.
> If and when we see that this approach won't cut the mustard, we can come
> back to considering this approach. Sound okay?

Well, I'd say "if this approach won't cut the mustard, and we
understand *why* it does not work". If we can find a way to deadlock
plain SIGSTOP, that's good, too, because someone will likely fix
it. (And if SIGSTOP is broken, intrusive patch is okay for fixing
that).
Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]