Re: Making MO drive work with ide-cd

From: Andries . Brouwer
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 12:19:27 EST

From: Pascal Schmidt <der.eremit@xxxxxxxx>

>> There is a patch by me with some rework by Jens Axboe in -mm that
>> corrects this situation. It hasn't seen much testing, though.

> OK, will find that and try later.

Hmm. Looked at it. But it cannot help. All it does is move
cdrom_read_capacity().

But ide-cd remains fundamentally broken for disks.
It sends cdrom commands, and they fail, and it does not do
disk things that are needed. First of all, we need partitions,
but ide-cd.c puts g->minors = 1.

Don't know whether Jens really wants to bend ide-cd.c until
it also handles disks, but it smells like a hack.

Andries