Re: a7n8x-x

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 07:08:34 EST

On Saturday 17 of January 2004 11:22, backblue wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> For ppl with problems with a7n8x-x with chipset nforce2, that have problems
> with ide driver, and the machines hangs up, the solution it's upgrade the

People with SCSI also reported lockups.

> bios for the last release from the asus ftpd, i'm using version 1007, with
> 1005, that it's the default version, if we disable the suport in the
> kernel, for Nvidia id chipset, the machine works, but we dont have dma
> enable, and becomes impossible to work, and if we enable it, the machine

This only makes problem less frequent (as reported by other people).

> hangs up every time, in 2.4 series it crashes less, but in 2.6.1, if i just
> compile anything the machine goes down, just upgrade the bios to this
> version, if not resolve, try to disable the APIC suporte on bios. -

If BIOS upgrade helped please send 'lspci -vvv -xxx' output from system
after/before BIOS upgrade, so we can try to catch the problem and add a fix
to kernel (there is no BIOS update for some motherboards).

Thanks!

--bart