Re: [2.6.0-mm2] PM timer still has problems

From: Karol Kozimor
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 20:55:48 EST

Thus wrote Dmitry Torokhov:
> Or that Karol's laptop has ACPI PM timer that is accessed through the
> memory (ACPI_ADR_SPACE_SYSTEM_MEMORY), is there such implementations?
> Right now timer_pm.c only supports IO-port based timer access.

Apparently, the PM timer now works as of 2.6.1-mm4:
#v+
Detected 1700.569 MHz processor.
Using pmtmr for high-res timesource
#v-

But the BogoMIPS loop is still wrong:
#v+
Calibrating delay loop... 1683.45 BogoMIPS
#v-

It looks as if it needed to be multiplied by two, right?
Additionally, the /proc/cpuinfo is not updated on governor change (I'm
using the speedstep-ich driver which otherwise works fine), although the
real CPU frequency certainly is. I'm not sure if this is in any way
related though.
Best regards,

--
Karol 'sziwan' Kozimor