[PREVIEW] Announce: Software Suspend Core Patch 2.0 rc4.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 14:43:44 EST

Hi all.

Release candidate 4 is ready for you to test and now being uploaded to
Sourceforge. It should be used with the following updated version
specific patches, which are also now available:

- 2.4.21 revision 1
- 2.4.22 revision 1
- 2.4.23 revision 5.
- 2.4.24
- 2.6.1 revision 1

Changes since rc3A:

- Fixed issues with preemption resulting in 'bad: scheduling while
atomic' messages in 2.6.
- Lots of cleanups and new documentation in the code.
- Fixed broken automatic swapon/off support. Now also used in debug_info
proc entry.
- Preliminary SMP support for 2.4. 2.6 support is coming.
- LZF compression (thanks to Marc Lehmann) and readahead support.
Suspend and resume in half the time!
- Fixed long standing oops when aborting during writing the image
header. Thanks to Bernard Blackham. (I would have done it eventually!)
- Serial port power management support (Thanks Michael Frank). MTRR support converted to PM
support.
- Many other small fixes and improvements.

Further documentation is to be added and one minor quirk addressed, but codewise, I'm wondering if
this might be 2.0 by another name.

Nigel
--
My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by
LinuxFund.org.