Re: ACPI: problem on ASUS PR-DLS533

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 06:28:09 EST

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:30:13 -0200 (BRST)
Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I don't know if Stephan filed the report as you requested, but I have tried
> > to independantly confirm this regression on a TR-DLSR server I have here,
> > but unfortunately neither 2.4.23 or 2.4.24 will boot from the Mylex 170
> > Raid card(DAC960) with ACPI enabled, so I never get to lspci :(
> >
> > I could perhaps capture the boot messages over serial port, if that would
> > be helpful?
>
> Yes, please, with and without ACPI. (I suppose disabling ACPI fixes the
> problem?)
>
> Stephan: There is nothing from 2.4.23 to .24 which could cause such
> breakage. It probably didnt work with 2.4.23 also?

Hello,

I am sorry for the long delay, I ran completely out of time unfortunately.
In short:
You are right, there is no regression between .23 and .24, shoot me.
Anyway I know there was a former kernel that worked with ACPI on this board.
I wanted to return the info which one though, but don't have it yet.
Anyway as soon as I find some spare time I will go hunting...

Regards,
Stephan