True story: "gconfig" removed root folder...

From: Romain Lievin
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 16:25:27 EST

Hi,

> I only did a quick check with menuconfig. Are you sure it's really
> removed? It should still be there as "/root.old".
> I probably should change the behaviour of the save routine to behave
> differently for directories as argument, but it doesn't remove it.

I have managed to reproduce bug: make gconfig, go to the '/' directory,
type 'root' as file and ... you get a 'root' file. The 'root' directory is
destroyed !

> (Changing gconfig to only accept files in the save request would probably
> be nice too...)

I am preparing a patch for gconf so that it can be protected against this bug.
Perhaps, you should protect 'conf_write(fn)', too ?

> bye, Roman
> -

Romain Liévin (roms): <roms@xxxxxxxxx>
Web site: http://tilp.info
"Linux, y'a moins bien mais c'est plus cher !"