Re: 2.6.1 oops w/ reiserfs + deadline elevator

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 04:38:53 EST

On Wed, Jan 14 2004, markw@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm getting the following oops with our DBT-2 workload. It appears that
> I can only reproduce the problem with a combination of an aacraid
> controller, reiserfs, and the deadline elevator. I'm also using lvm2
> but I can't really try to do the same test without lvm2 though. I have
> seen everything behave properly with the AS elevator or without an
> aacraid controller.

I don't believe this has anything to do with the io scheduler, it looks
clearly like a problem deep inside the aac driver (and thus completely
io scheduler independent). The fact that it triggers with deadline is
likely completely coincidental.

Looks like scsicmd->scsi_done == NULL which is very odd. You may want to
try and add some debug prints checking that (and dumping scsicmd state)
fact.

--
Jens Axboe