Re: [summary] state of scsi drivers

From: Matthew Jacob
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 02:11:18 EST

> o feral_isp
> manufacturer: QLOGIC
> kernel: -
> latest: Linux Platform 2.1 Common Core Code 2.7 (13 Nov 2003)
> arch: i386 alpha sparc powerpc
> features:
> maintainer: external <mjacob*AT*feral.com>
> url: http://www.feral.com/isp.html

Also bk://bitkeeper.feral.com:9002.

I've pretty much not had any job context and/or time to move this into
2.6. It seems that Andrew's work is getting lots of good review and
is improving and has the full support of the h/w vendor.

I'm actively maintaining this driver, but the context is more in
relation to target mode support for Quantum these days, which is lucky
if it's newer than a 2.4.20 kernel (and 2.2.6 or some darned thing for
PowerPC).

Unless there's a great demand for it, it's not clear whether this
driver will make it into 2.6. I'd really have to get a job context and a
refresh of some of the newer h/w to be able to do this.

But thanks for noting it- it's been a fun project over the years.