Re: Serial ATA (SATA) for Linux status report

From: Raphael Rigo
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 18:41:15 EST

Erik Andersen wrote:
On Wed Jan 14, 2004 at 05:18:34PM -0500, Greg Stark wrote:

Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Intel ICH5

Issue #2: Excessive interrupts are seen in some configurations.

I guess I'm seeing this problem. I'm trying to get my P4P800 motherboard with
an ICH5 chipset working completely. So far I've been living without the cdrom
or DVD players. I see lots of other posts on linux-kernel about the same
problems:

I have the same deal. My offer to send Jeff a P4P800 motherboard
to test with is still open....

-Erik

Erik B. Andersen http://codepoet-consulting.com/
One possible workaround it to enable both PATA and SATA drivers (using libata) and pass "ide2=noprobe ide3=noprobe" to kernel at boot.
More detailled answer can be found here : http://www.hentges.net/howtos/p4p800_deluxe.html
Regards,
Raphaël.