Touchpad / keyboard behaving strangely on 2.6

From: Patrick Cole
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 01:48:36 EST

Since moving to 2.6 (same in .0 and .1), the synaptics touchpad on
my Dell I8100 will occasionally stop moving for a few seconds, sometimes
for as much as 5 seconds, then just come back and start working again,
while the rest of the system is fully responsive (can switch X
workspaces, launch stuff with my keybindings, etc).

Additionally, the keyboard repeat rate seems to be malfunctioning.
Almost everytime I use one of my key bindings in sawfish (Ctrl-Alt-T) to
open a terminal window (wterm), I get a 1 or so second delay before
the terminal actually opens, and I always get two or three open instead
of just one, even with the repeat delay set very high and using a
very swift press. The symptom only goes away when I turn the repeat
off completely (xset r off) or I go back to my 2.4 kernel.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Patrick

--
Patrick Cole <z@xxxxxxxxxx>