Ide controller driver migration from 2.4 to 2.6

From: martin
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 18:47:26 EST

I have just bought a highpoint rocketraid 1540 card, which has some open source
drivers. These are ment for 2.4, so when compiled under 2.6, they fail. The
first error seems to be something about the irq-system (irq.h).

I would like to update the drivers to work under 2.6 aswell, and am wondering
if this would be an enourmous task, or if it should be possible for some with
no kernel programming experience.

Has anyone experienced the same, or know what kind of information I am looking
for? The same problem arose when I compiled the open source driver a promise
controller.

Thanks, Martin Tingstad.