ide driver from 2.4 to 2.6

From: martin
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 17:09:02 EST

I have recently purchased the highpoint rocketraid 1540, which comes with a
driver. It wount compile in 2.6.1, which is understandable. I tried the promise
open source driver, which results in a similar error, somewhere in the irq-
system (irq.h).

Now the question is, would it be a accomplishable task for me to fix this, and
what are the differences from the old to the new one, and what must i watch out
for?

Anyone familiar to the changes it has been through?

Thanks, Martin.