athlon-xp header issue

From: Jonathan Angliss
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 12:32:54 EST

Hey guys,

I'm using a gentoo copy of the 2.4.22 kernel, with various patches
applied to fix various issues, but this issue exists in the 2.4.24
kernel source code that I downloaded from the kernel.org site.

When I set the kernel model to athlon-xp in "menuconfig", it sets
CONFIG_MK7XP=y which is what I'd expect. However the issue comes when
I try to issue "make bzImage", it fails reporting various issues with:

`CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

in a number of files. I did a google search for the error, and didn't
find anything helpful, in fact most of the results appeared to be
about nVidia graphics drivers. I'm no coder, but with a little help
from Jason Munro, I managed to track down the cause of the issue. He
pointed me to this email:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0309.0/2036.html

This gave me a hint. So I took a look in arch/i386/config.in and
noticed that the check for CONFIG_MK7XP is missing. This results in
the appropriate settings not being set. Is this intentional? Or am I
looking in the wrong area for my problem?

If this email warrants a reply, please CC my address, as I am not a
member of this list.

--
Jonathan Angliss
(jon@xxxxxxxxxxx)