Re: Sun Type5 Mapping 2.4 -> 2.6

From: Ciaran McCreesh
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 21:09:04 EST

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:54:02 -0600 (CST) "Chris K. Engel"
<morbie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| I've noticed something strange.
| When updating to 2.6.1, my type5's mapping was really, really set off.
| Nothing would work, period. (And I've noticed an abundance of mapping
| issues on non-US keyboard layouts.)

This one has been discussed several times on the sparc-linux mailing
list :) See this thread:

Short summary:

In 2.6.x, you need to use x86-style keymaps instead of sunkeymap. In
Gentoo, you do this by editing the KEYMAP setting in /etc/rc.conf . In
Debian, use `dpkg-reconfigure console-data` to select an i386 keymap. In
other distros, do whatever it is that distro uses to select a keymap.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail: ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm