Re: Laptops & CPU frequency

From: Xavier Bestel
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 16:30:30 EST

Le lun 12/01/2004 à 20:52, john stultz a écrit :

> More info please. What type of hardware is this? Could you send me your
> dmesg for booting both with and without AC power?

It's an Armada 1700, with a pII 300MHz (150MHz on battery). It doesn't
support cpufreq (I tried modprobing all drivers, none work), I must boot
with acpi=off if I want suspend-to-ram and suspend-to-disk to work (apm
works great on this machine). As said elsewhere in this thread, booting
with clock=pit solves my problem.
Yet I can investigate for you (send dmesg, test things) if you're still
interested.

Thanks,

Xav