IBM/Linux Info

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 10:36:05 EST

FYI,
IBM is now advertising Linux in the US, nationwide, during
football games. They use a picture of a small blonde kid,
probably like Linus in kindergarten, implying the "new kid
in town". Not too bad.

OTOH, I note an Intel spokesmen who states;
"We have no special obligation to American workers...", when
asked about its latest movement of Engineering out of the
United States. I suggest we use AMD instead, since the uP was
first developed with US taxpayer's funds to support both ICBM
and Apollo moon-shot technology, these companies certainly should
certainly remember their roots.

Note that this is not an "America only" problem. The bean-counters
world-wide are moving technology and jobs from the civilized countries
to those that aren't required to provide toilet paper for employees.
This improves profits by eliminating the cost of toilet paper.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.22 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).