Re: 2.6.0 NFS-server low to 0 performance

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 08:08:20 EST

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 11:42:45PM +0100, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> The only my doubt was - yes, you upgrade the __server__, so, you look in
> Changes, upgrade all necessary stuff, or just upgrade blindly (as does
> happen sometimes, I believe) a distribution - and the server works, fine.
> What I find non-obvious, is that on updating the server you have to
> re-configure __clients__, see? Just think about a network somewhere in a

If you upgrade the server and read "Changes", then a note in changes might
say that "you need to configure carefully or some clients could get in trouble."
(If the current "Changes" don't have that - post a documentation patch.)

If you use a distro, then hopefully the distro takes care of the
problem for you. Or at least brings it to your attention somehow.

It should not come as a surprise that changing a server might have an
effect on the clients - clients and servers are connected after all!

Helge Hafting