Re: 2.4.24 SMP lockups

From: Simon Kirby
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 04:03:29 EST

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 05:58:18PM -0200, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> This sounds like a deadlock. I wonder why the NMI watchdog is not
> triggering.

It appears the box I was expecting it to work onn has issues with the NMI
working properly, so that may explain why nothing was showing up. I'll
try on others.

> Can you share all available SysRQ-P output for the locked CPU ? SysRQ-T if
> possible, too.

Will do, in the next few days.

> Can you please describe the hardware in more detail. Is there any common
> hardware used in these boxes?

The CPUs, motherboards, SCSI, Ethernet, etc., are all different... They
are all SMP, and are fairly busy web servers.

Simon-