Re: reboot at uncompress kernel linux-2.6.0-test9

From: Zsolt KOZAK
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 05:10:35 EST

Hi,

navneet panda wrote:

> I was trying to test the new kernel but it reboots the
> moment it tries uncompress.

I also have this problem....

I had it with 2.6.0 and now I have this reboot with 2.6.1 also. I have a Pentium 4 CPU and this reboot occurs if I compile my kernel with this specific type of CPU only after "Uncompressing kernel..." message appears. If I compile it with Pentium3 support, it loads properly without reboot.

If I need to post any other information vabout my system, I'm happy to help you in solving my problem.

Please CC me, I'm off the list.

regard,
Zsolt

--