Re: Fw: Re: 2.6.1-mm1 - OOPs and hangs during modprobe

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 01:00:18 EST

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:11:17 +1100, Rusty Russell said:

> Vladis, relative patch, actually sets error code. What happens now?

I still get this in the dmesg (2 modules won't load - most of rest are fine)

Module len 6897 truncated
Module len 19014 truncated

However, at least now modprobe manages not to hose up the entire modules stuff, but
simply exits with this error:

FATAL: Error inserting aes (/lib/modules/2.6.1-mm1/kernel/crypto/aes.ko): Invali
d module format

and lsmod and 'cat /proc/modules' don't get borked up afterwards.

> Please send module which fails if it still fails...

Sent under separate cover, the list probably doesn't want the 2 .ko files.. ;)