Re: Cleanup patches - comparison is always [true|false] +unsigned/signed compare, and similar issues. (consolidating existingthreads)

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 02:53:13 EST

The key question in my view was what code was easiest to understand.
This is closest to being the code that is shortest, stripped of all
non-essential detail. But not exactly. Code is more like novel or
essay in my view, than a poem. I don't find haiku clear. However,
what is easiest to understand is a judgement call.

Since we were seeing here, with the remarks of folks such as myself,
a nice example of that well known phenomenon where a committee will
debate for hours over the $25 budget line item, and then pass the
$3 million item without comment, your conclusion to try using the
Trivial Patch Monkey sounds like a winner. Rusty has good judgement,
and for changes such as this, better one good judge making immediate
decisions, than lengthy lkml threads.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability