Re: Howto use diff compatibly

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 19:54:13 EST

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 08 January 2004 18:17, Dave Jones wrote:
> >On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:51:56PM -0800, Samuel Flory wrote:
> > > That would be the maintainer for drivers/ide/ide-floppy.c. I
> > > don't think there is a maintainer for drivers/block/floppy.c.
> >
> >floppy.c is one of those 'last person who touched it' hot-potatoes
> > 8-)
> >
> > Dave
>
> Humm, precisely what I was afraid of... And I don't want to 'adopt'
> that puppy, not knowing near enough about it to be able to address
> every potential problem.

Why don't you post the patch and see what reactions it generates? If
you've got some good code it would be a shame not to see it used.
On the other hand, if it turns out not to be good, then the easiest
way to find that out is for people to get a chance to look at it and
pull it apart...
Discussions of puppy 'adoptions' could come later ;)

-- Jesper Juhl