Re: [2.6.1-rc2-mm1][BUG] Badness in unblank_screen atdrivers/char/vt.c:2793

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 19:22:28 EST

> Ben, your debug stuff tripped up when we were oopsing. bust_spinlocks()
> calls unblank_screen() without console_sem. I'll change it to
>
> WARN_ON(!is_console_locked() && !oops_in_progress);
>
> (Weren't you going to update that patch anyway?)

I don't have an update ready at the moment, nothing critical need
updating and I was waiting to see if the WARN_ON would catch some
stuffs :)

It's probably worth adding a WARN_CONSOLE_UNLOCKED() macro that
does the above rather than fixing all the WARN_ON's don't you
think ? If yes, then I'll do a new patch.

> As for the oops itself: 2.6.1-rc2-mm1 VM is kaput, sorry. It works OK here
> without the fremap changes.

Ok.